Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Cystoscopy is a procedure used to see inside your urinary bladder and urethra (the tube that carries urine from the bladder to the outside of your body).
- A hollow tube (cystoscope) equipped with a lens is used to carefully examine the lining of your bladder and urethra.
- This procedure can be performed using a local anaesthetic jelly or using sedation.
- Sometimes a biopsy may need to be taken to confirm the diagnosis.
Colposcopy is a procedure to closely examine your cervix, vagina and vulva for signs of disease. During colposcopy, your doctor uses a special instrument called a colposcope.
Hysteroscopy is used to diagnose or treat problems of the uterus commonly performed for conditions like menorrhagia and post menopausal bleeding . A hysteroscope is a thin, lighted telescope-like device used to see the inside of the uterus and take biopsies as needed.
A minimally invasive surgical procedure in which a telescope like device is inserted through the abdominal wall to view the organs in the abdomen and also perform appropriate surgery. Surgeries that can be performed laparoscopically are:
- Removal of ovarian cysts
- Surgery for endometriosis
- Sacro coplppxy(Prolapse repair - abdominal route)
- Burch colposuspension(surgery for stress incontinence)
Mid Urethral sling surgery is a minor procedure performed to treat stress urinary incontinence. It involves placing a sling around the urethra to lift it and prevent urinary leakage. It involves a couple of very small incisions either in the groin area or just above the pubic bone.
Periurethral injection is an alternative procedure for stress urinary incontinence. A bulking material is injected into the muscle at the bladder outlet, helping it to stay closed and prevent leakage.
Botulinum toxin injections into the bladder muscle to Bladder Botox
Involves passing a small telescope into your bladder through your urethra (the tube that carries urine from the bladder to outside the body) and injecting Botox into your bladder wall from the inside. Botox is a muscle relaxant, which works by reducing uncontrolled contractions of the bladder muscle and increasing bladder capacity. This helps to improve the symptoms of overactive bladder in women not responding to pharmacological treatment.