GYNECOLOGICAL PROBLEMS IN YOUNG GIRLS
- Irregular or heavy menstrual flow can affect daily routine during periods.
- If the bleeding is very heavy causing anemia it is important to check for bleeding disorders and thyroid problems.
- Treatment can be by non hormonal tablets or cyclical hormones to regularize cycles.
- Infrequent or no periods.
- More common in obese young girls.
- Hormonal problem causing anovulation and consequently polycystic ovaries.
- Have increased insulin resistance and more risk of developing diabetes in later life.
- Exercise and weight loss improves ovulation and menstrual regularity.